The Faretec CT-EMS is a Leg Traction Splint designed for Pre Hospital Care and Patient transport. It is primarily used on patients with mid-line femur fractures.
The CT-EMS helps relieve patient pain and prevents further damage to surrounding muscle and tissue while reducing the risk of death caused from severed arteries.
The CT-EMS is made of carbon tubing which snaps together via an internal bungee. Traction is achieved with a 4 to1 purchase system using a small line to apply tension. This method results in a very precise and delicate form or traction that is also powerful enough to be effective on extra large adults.
The CT-EMS is extremely compact, light and strong.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Carbon Fiber Tubing: Corrosion resistant, temperature stabile, extremely high strength to weight ratio, x- ray translucent.
- 4:1 Purchase Traction System: makes it easy to apply ample traction for even the largest patient. The V- Jam cleat makes it easy to readjust traction, key in long transport situations. Includes safety clip to prevent accidental releases.
- Application: The CT-6 comes out of the bag ready to go; all of the necessary parts are attached to the splint. There is no way to lose pieces, resulting in very fast application times.
- Instruction Manual: Each splint comes with its own “quick reference” two sided instruction manual that is water proof and tear resistant.
- Light: Unit weighs 1lb./360 grams
- Compact: Unit fits in small synch bag, 11 x 4 x 3in.
- Strong: Carbon Fiber poles and injection molded plastics.
- Effective: Four to one pulley system for efficient, easily adjustable traction.
- One unit fits both Adult and Pediatric patients.